Thursday, January 1, 2009

January 1st


Today, we haven't really done anything special. I even took a nap today because I was so tired from being up late last night and early this morning.I did some laundry today and I need to fix supper here in a few minutes. We will be having spaghetti....definitely not a favorite but it is frugal. One of my goals is to be even more frugal than I already am.We usually just use canned/jarred sauce but I would like to make homemade. A beef sauce would be good. Does anyone have a good recipe? It is ONLY 24 below 0 here today...a bit of an improvement from yesterday's 40 below 0! I may begin a fun journal today. I'm not sure yet. I don't always keep up with those kinds of things but I can try.I've already begun my Bible reading...in a year.....definitely a goal I want to reach. I just began reading Deuteronomy last night.
I would also like to share the recipes of the goodies I made to send to my family members for Christmas. Enjoy!
LEMON COOKIES
1 box lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
confectioners sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Mix lemon cake mix, eggs and oil in a bowl. Pinch off quarter sized pieces of dough and roll into balls. Dip into confectioners sugar and place on a cookie sheet.Bake for 8-10 minutes or when tops begin to crack. Remove from oven and cool completely. So easy! You can also experiment with other cake mixes.
~Sugared Pecans~

1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1 pound pecan halves
1 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.
May you all have a blessed New year 2009!

0 comments: