Friday, January 16, 2009

January 16th

Wow! This pregnancy is going fast. I am a little over 6 1/2 months along already. The baby still isn't moving alot though but when I eat grapefruit or drink juice it gets a little bit more motivated. I am much bigger this time than I was with my last 3 children. It's getting harder to bend over to put my shoes and socks on or to pick something up. My cravings have been mostly fruit related~ fruit, fruit juice, popsicles, fruit smoothies. I guess that's good, right? I am not eating as much chocolate as I used to so that's good,too.
We are in the process of looking for a bigger home right now so I hope we can find one before the baby arrives. This pregnancy is going along so quickly and we are so not ready yet although I am excited about meeting this new little one. It has been almost 8 years since the birth of our last child and we basically have to start over~ new crib, carseat, etc.~ because we really didn't think we would have anymore children.......Surprise!~(and it was a wonderful surprise)
Dh has duty(training)this weekend so I talked him into taking us to the library tonight so we would have something to do this weekend. We got 6 videos and a bunch of books so I think we are set."T" got to play on the computer which I know he was happy about. We haven't been to the library in about 3-4 months.....it's surprising that I wasn't having library withdrawl. I just love going there and filling my bag with all kinds of interesting books. Tonight, my focus seemed to be on magazines and healing foods books. Since I am having gall bladder problems, I found a book that outlines a friendly diet concerning that. So, I may have to give it a try as I had some mild pain flaring up this past week.
With homeschooling, the kids and I are enjoying the MFW curriculum and having a more "Charlotte Mason" way of learning. It is so much more laid back and relaxed. There is no sense in stressing over learning.
Our oldest,"B" just put in his first job application. He hopes to get a job, save his money and buy a car. He still needs to get his license though. He will probably be taking driver's ed within the next couple of months. It's so hard to believe that he will be graduating next year while at the same time this year we are welcoming a new little one.
The weather here was refreshing today. It was almost 50 degrees. The last few weeks the temps have been -40 to -50 below 0! This was a welcome change. I didn't even have to wear a coat today. But, unfortunately it won't last long..we are supposed to be back to -30 below 0 in a few days...sigh.

0 comments: