Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe EVER!

Since discovering this recipe about a year or two ago, I use no other.

2/3 C. shortening
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 C. brown sugar
1 egg
1t. vanilla
1 1/2C. flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 pkg. chocolate chips(I recentlyused half semi-sweet chocolate chips and half chocolate chunks and they were wonderful)
Mix together shortening, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture. Mix well.
Drop by rounded teaspoonsful onto cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE and these will be perfect!
This recipe can be easily doubled.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

My Blessings From Above said...

This is the only recipe that I use for making chocolate chips! I love it!

Karen said...

Hi Tina,

I've been enjoying looking over your blog. I still stop by the FIAR boards sometimes and I saw your post there.

Looks like you have lots of yummy sounding recipes.

Best wishes with your pregnancy!