Monday, March 30, 2009

Do you homeschool year 'round?

Would you mind sharing your schedule?
With our oldest, he has been working independently but with our youngest two they have basically been"unschooling" the past 2 months.(although they have been still learning...reading, having questions answered, drawing, creative learning,etc.)
If this baby comes on time, I plan to take a month to get used to having a new baby in the house again, bonding, and maybe breastfeeding(which will be new to me). Then I am thinking of beginning our year 'round homeschooling in May.
I am planning to use the Charlotte Mason method so I think this would be a good time to start especially for nature study.If any of you use the Charlotte Mason method, would you share your schedule,too?

1 comments:

Zimmersgirl said...

Hi there! We do homeschool year-round. Our state requires a minimum of hours (not days) so that makes it a little easier.

For the summer months we tend to concentrate on things we might not have been able to do during the "book heavy" fall and winter months. Things like extra-fun science projects, some art projects, etc. We try to make it even more "fun" so they get a bit of a break from the heavy work, but also less opportunity for boredom during the summer. It's worked out fairly well and they look forward to it all.